Clubfoot deformity treatment in Ludhiana
Under the expertise of Dr. Sudhanshu Bansal, your ward will seek the most appropriate and convenient pediatric ortho care. One such condition is clubfoot deformity which often worries the patient, ‘How to get it treated?’ Clubfoot deformity means newborns’ both or one feet appear to rotate internally at the ankle. The position is downwards and inwards. Understanding the situation ensures knowing the right treatment plan.
Symptoms of Clubfoot Deformity
Some of the most noticeable symptoms of clubfoot deformity are:
- Foot top gets twisted inwards & downwards
- The arch is more pronounced, and the heel is inwards
- One foot gets affected, and it may be shorter as compared to other
- Calf muscle won’t develop like normal
- The foot may look upside-down (In severe and rare cases)
Treatment on time ensures your child won’t have to bear the discomfort. In most cases, the problem gets detected before birth. Your child may have this condition with other conditions like mmc , Spina bifida , syndrome etc.
Are there any risk factors for clubfoot deformity?
Some of the most common risk factors for clubfoot deformity are:
- Gender: Males are two times more chances of getting clubfoot as compared to females
- Genetics: If the parent has the condition, the child may have the same.
What are the causes of clubfoot deformity?
Well! The exact reason is not known. The condition is linked to genes and mutation changes.
Schedule your initial consultation
If you suspect your child has this condition, get the treatment plan soon.